Mahrie specialises in investment funds and financial services regulatory work with an emphasis on regulated funds such as UCITS. She acts for fund and wealth managers, administrators, platforms and distributors as well as financial advisers and other intermediaries.
Mahrie leads navigator: registrations - our cost-effective, reliable and user friendly service to manage and maintain cross border registrations.
- Recent Work
- advising BlackRock on taking a stake in German / UK digital investment manager Scalable Capital
- acting for one of the UK’s largest fund administrators on its acquisition of a regulated fund hosting business. Also acting for this group on its acquisition of an authorised fund manager together with its range of unit trusts. This included advising on a complex fund integration and rationalisation programme
- provision of ongoing fund structuring advice to a number of large fund management groups including in relation to fund/product design, establishment, distribution, terminations and schemes of arrangement
- advising a large European banking group on the establishment of its specialist authorised fund management business and its range of OEICs. This included the provision of specialist regulatory advice as well as advising on the development of template fund constitutional documents and contracts
- advising a number of managers, administrators and distributors of regulated funds on regulatory reform and its impact. Also, advising on and managing various projects brought about by regulatory change such as RDR, UCITS IV and AIFMD.
Mahrie is a partner in the Simmons & Simmons financial services group and heads the Bristol office. She leads our team of funds and financial services regulatory lawyers based in our Bristol office. Mahrie is co-author of the chapter on the law and regulation of collective investment schemes in “Financial Advice and Financial Products – Law and Liability” published by the Oxford University Press.