Marcus is an associate in the Asia employment practice and is based in Singapore. He advises on all aspects of the employment relationship for a wide range of companies across a number of industries including finance, education, technology and media. Marcus' expertise includes drafting and reviewing employment agreements and handbooks, advising on data protection issues, termination and redundancy, enforceability of restraint of trade and dealing with trade union.
Marcus also has experience defending companies against allegations of discrimination and non-payment of statutory pension amounts by the regulator.
- Recent Work
- advising a multinational financial institution on an investigation into a senior employee
- preparing employment documents for a multinational consultancy company in relation to their first hire in Singapore
- advised an international school following allegations of misconduct by a former employee
- assisted an online service provider in an audit conducted by a Singapore regulator
- advising on termination of employment, redundancy and preparation of relevant documentation.
Marcus is a Singapore advocate and solicitor and an associate of JWS Asia Law Corporation, the constituent Singapore law practice of Simmons & Simmons JWS Pte Ltd. He was called to the Singapore Bar in 2013.
Prior to joining Simmons & Simmons, Marcus practiced with a big-four law firm in Singapore where in addition to his employment practice, he frequently advised on various regulatory matters, including data protection, trade compliance and environmental laws. He has also assisted a number of multinational companies in antitrust investigations and leniency applications before the Competition Commission of Singapore.
Marcus also spent five months with the Malaysian member firm of his previous law firm where he gained unique insights into the practice of law in developing countries.