Maria Ilaria Griffo
Maria Ilaria is an associate in the Banking team (part of the Financial Markets department) in the Milan office.
Her experience includes advising domestic and international banks, private equity funds, private and listed companies on a wide range of domestic and cross-border structured finance transactions including acquisition and leveraged finance, corporate and syndicated lending, equity capital markets offerings as well as debt restructuring.
Over the last few years, she was seconded to the London office of a Canadian bank, at the Italian National Promotional Institution in Rome and at a leading Italian bank in Milan, gaining considerable experience in commodities, trade and export finance, project finance and real estate finance.
- Recent Work
- advising a UK based real estate company in the refinancing of a resort in Sicily
- advising the arrangers and syndicate of banks in relation to the financing of the investment carried out by a European fund for the acquisition of an holding company of a leading international industrial group involved in the manufacturing and sale of machines and films for food packaging, from Italian and US funds
- advising an Italian company leader in the design and production of fluid handling systems and precision aluminum components for the automotive sector and its shareholders on the financial and debt aspects, including repayment of the existing group indebtedness worldwide, related to the sale of the industrial group led by the company to a US fund
- advising a world leading bank in the financing granted to a US fund for the acquisition of an Italian leading hotel company
- adivising the arrangers and syndicate of banks in relation to the financing granted to an Italian pharmaceutical company to support the implementation of the Group business plan
- advising the mandated lead arrangers in a multi billion financing to a leading betting company and the amendment of the Group’s multicurrency revolving facilities
- advising a world leader company in the industry of high-technology cables and systems for energy and telecommunications, in relation to several loans
- advising an Italian bank in relation to a term loan facility and the cash confirmation in favour of an Italian company leader in the distressed assets market.
Prior to joining Simmons & Simmons she worked for an important notarial firm where she gained general experience in contract law and civil law matters.
She was admitted to the Italian Bar in 2013.