Moira is the Corporate & Commercial Group's of Counsel in the Milan office.
Moira provides corporate law advice to private equity, venture capital institutions and investment funds, including leveraged buy outs, management buy outs and buy ins.
Moira regularly advises major private Italian and international private equity houses on extraordinary transactions, such as cross-border investments and divestments (either for majority or minority stakes) throughout the relevant process (including club deals and add-on acquisitions), as well as with respect to the setting-up of the relevant close-ended alternative investment funds.
In addition to the above, Moira’s work is focused on international corporate and commercial transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, partnership, shareholder and management agreements, across a broad range of industry sectors.
- Recent Work
- advising a private equity house and the other minority sellers on the sale of a leading company specialised in the production and marketing of special fertilizers, after having assisted such group on a number of add-on acquisitions throughout the years
- advising the majority shareholders of a leading supplier of aftermarket and OEM parts to the global earthmoving machinery industry, in connection with the minority investment in such company by a middle market US private equity firm, including with respect to the relevant corporate governance arrangements
- advising a private equity house on the majority investment in a leading European medical devices and packaging systems manufacturer for the pharmaceutical and cosmetic and industry. Advising a private equity house and the management team a few years later for the purposes of the disposal of such company throughout the auction process
- advising a private equity house on the majority investment, together with French co-investors, in a leading company specialised in the provision of transportation and logistics services in the sectors of elevators, escalators and agricultural machines, with respect to both the sale and purchase documentation and the negotiation of the shareholders’ agreements with the reinvesting managers
- advising private equity houses on their joint acquisition of a leading international linear motion manufacturer, from private equity houses and a group of managers as well as on the subsequent merger and the further extraordinary transactions involving such company
- advising a private equity house on the acquisition of a majority stake in a leading manufacturer and largest exporter of specialty Italian cheese and food products to European retail chains, from the relevant family owner, including negotiating and advising with respect to the management’s reinvestment
- advising private equity houses and other investors on the investment in a leading facility management service provider, for its acquisition of the entire share capital of a leader European company specialised in project management and integrated facility management
- advising a private equity house on the minority investment in a leading Italian insurance and financial software house company, through the voluntary public tender offer aimed at the delisting of the relevant shares.
Before joining Simmons & Simmons, Moira spent three years at a law firm associated with Ernst & Young International, as trainee lawyer in the Corporate & Commercial Group where she gained experience in corporate matters and commercial.
Between 2003 and 2004, she was seconded for six months to the Corporate & Commercial Department of Simmons & Simmons in the London office.
She has been a Solicitor in England & Wales since 2004 and was admitted to the Milan Bar in 2001.