Patrick is a partner in the corporate group in London. He advises on a variety of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, partnership arrangements, restructurings and joint ventures.
Patrick focuses on the Asset Management & Investment Funds’ sector and specialises in advising asset managers on all aspects of their businesses, including mergers and acquisitions, business transfers, the implementation of multi-jurisdictional reorganisations, the implementation and structuring of “start-ups” (both onshore and offshore), incentivisation and retention plans and general operational day-to-day matters.
- Recent Work
- advising BlueCrest on the acquisition of Man Group’s minority stake in the group for $633m and the simultaneous acquisition of retired co-founder Bill Reeves’ remaining interests in the group
- advising Brevan Howard on its reorganisation involving the establishment of offices in Geneva and the incorporation of a new offshore manager
- advising TPG-Axon UK on its merger with Montrica Investment Management
- advising a fund promoted and advised by a leading investment bank in relation to various minority investments in asset managers
- advising Lucidus Capital Partners on a sale of a minority interest to Asset Management Finance LLC
- establishing various alternative investment management groups including Edoma, New Peak and Vinci-Zafferano and advising on the conversion of various alternative investment managers to limited liability partnerships including Tudor, Egerton and Longview Partners
- advising the shareholders/partners of various hedge fund managers on minority investments by institutional investors including in Lansdowne Partners, Spinnaker Capital and Brevan Howard.
Patrick joined Simmons & Simmons in 2003 and qualified in 2005. During his time at Simmons & Simmons, Patrick has spent three months working for Simmons & Simmons in Paris and six months on secondment to a global insurance brokerage and risk management services firm. Patrick was promoted to the partner in 2018.