Paula specialises in all aspects of real estate finance. She has a wealth of experience in acting for major UK and international banks and financial institutions and borrowers on a broad spectrum of real estate matters, including acquisition and development finance and restructurings in the corporate retail estate, commercial office, hotel and leisure and industrial sectors.
- Recent Work
- advising a major UK bank on the senior and mezzanine acquisition funding of a prominent commercial office and light industrial site in the regions, such financing being the largest financing outside London in 2013
- currently acting for a large UK clearing bank on the refinancing of a large portfolio of major central London property, including hotels, residential and commercial sites
- acting for a major European bank on a senior development facility to restore a prime central London site and develop it into a boutique hotel
- advising German lenders on a range of Pfandbrief compliant fundings and debt acquisitions
- setting up a new funding program for a UK bank to meet the ongoing acquisition finance needs of a South African based investment fund looking to move into UK property.
Paula qualified with Simmons & Simmons in 2003 and is based in London as a partner in the banking group, which forms part of the financial markets department.