Piers is based in the London office and is a partner in the Capital Markets group which forms part of the Financial Markets department. Piers has significant experience in international capital markets work, both equity and debt. His experience has included advising issuers, underwriters and institutional investors in relation to a wide range of debt and equity capital markets work including straight bonds, convertible and exchangeable bonds, Euro Medium Term Note Programmes and Euro Commercial Paper Programmes, regulatory capital issuances, GDRs and liability management transactions.
His experience has covered a broad range of jurisdictions, including most parts of Europe, the Middle East, South Africa, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, India, Japan, Australia and Canada.
Piers is part of the Simmons & Simmons Capital Markets Union (CMU) working group, with a particular focus on upcoming amendments to the Prospectus Directive. For more information on CMU, please see elexica.com.
Piers is a member of the firm’s Brexit team. Click here for more information.
- Recent Work
- advising the bookrunners on J Sainsbury plc’s issuance of £450m 1.25%. Convertible Bonds due 2019
- advising the sole bookrunner on the issue of US$60m Secured Exchangeable Bonds due 2019 by Gold Exchangeable Limited, the proceeds of which were lent to a subsidiary of Mandalay Resources Corporation
- advising New South Wales Treasury Corporation on a tender offer in respect of its £250m 5%. Notes due 2039
- advising Rentokil Initial plc on its €2.5bn EMTN programme and issuances thereunder
- advising Iron Mountain Europe plc on its issue of £400m Senior Notes due 2022
- advising Mohawk Industries, Inc. on the establishment of its €1bn ECP Programme
- advising the arranger on the establishment of The Weir Group PLC’s US$1bn ECP Programme.
Piers joined the Simmons & Simmons London office as a capital markets partner in 2012. He was previously with another leading international law firm, where he gained over 12 years of experience working in their London, Paris and São Paulo offices. He has also spent time on secondment to a major international bank in London.