Sarah has extensive experience of advising financial institutions, asset managers and major corporations on employment law issues. She advises on all aspects of the employment relationship, including drafting employment contracts and staff handbooks, bonus and incentive arrangements, negotiated terminations, strategic issues associated with reorganisations and restructuring, discrimination and harassment, employment disputes, restrictive covenants and the employment aspects of data privacy.
- Recent Work
- advising a large financial institution on sensitive employment issues arising in connection with a regulatory investigation in Asia
- advising a multinational corporation on a cross-border investigation of misconduct and harassment allegations
- advising a financial institution on a dispute in respect of forfeiture of deferred compensation
- advising a power company on a series of labour tribunal claims relating to rest days and being on call
- advising a major investment bank on a bonus dispute in the labour tribunal
- advising an international recruitment firm on enforcement of post-employment restraints
- advising an asset manager on drafting and implementing a cash-based employee incentive scheme.
Sarah is a partner in the international employment practice and is based in the Hong Kong office. She joined Simmons & Simmons in 2001 and is qualified in England, Wales and Hong Kong. Sarah is a frequent speaker at conferences and seminars in Hong Kong and Asia on employment law issues.
Sarah is ranked as a “Leading Individual” in the legal directories and is recognised for being ‘highly efficient, taking the time to get to know the client’s business’ (Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2017). She is singled out for her ‘ability to crystallise the issues’ and ‘fantastic, client-oriented approach’ (Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2016).