Stefania is a partner in the IP practice in our Milan office. Throughout her career Stefania has regularly handled judicial and extra-judicial cases (also pan-European) in all IP sectors. This includes patents, trademarks and domain names, appellations of origin and geographical indications, industrial design, copyright and related rights, unfair competition, trade secrets and arbitration.
Stefania has a longstanding and steady relationship with the University of Parma where she has held over the years a course in 'Legislation and patents - Chemical and Biotech Patents and GMO Legislation' and also delivers postgraduate courses including those held by the Italian Superior School for the adjournment and specialisation of Court Judges.
She has given papers at conferences and authored publications in the IP field.
She is among Leading Individuals in Chambers Global/Europe and has earned many mentions in benchmark legal publications such as Legalcommunity, Toplegal and many others.
She was awarded “Best IP Lawyer of the Year in Italy for Patent Dispute” at the TopLegal Awards 2018.
She is ranked in the 2019 edition of the World Trademark Review 2019.
- Recent Work*
- representing big multinational pharma companies and producers and sellers of active ingredients in lawsuits concerning, among others, the interpretation of the Bolar clause
- representing leading multinational companies in the healthcare and life sciences sector in lawsuits concerning invalidity proceedings on SPCs of active ingredients under Regulations 469/2009/EU
- representing a leading multinational company operating in the film and television production sector in a lawsuit concerning copyright matters
- representing a holding company operating in the luxury restaurants and clubs sector and the owning family in a series of lawsuits in the context of a dispute involving many countries worldwide
- representing a leading multinational company operating in the food sector in infringement proceedings based on international and EU figurative trademarks, also involving the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO)
- representing the family and its companies of a group operating in the luxury restaurants and clubs sector on a number of matters of the like of trade mark protection, copyright and unfair competition across Europe on a continuative basis
- representing a leading multinational company operating in the industrial manufacturing sector in a lawsuit for infringement of intellectual property rights, trade marks, design and models as well as unfair competition in many areas. This lawsuit under Italian law is part of a wider dispute before many courts internationally
- represented a well-known fashion brand in a very complex and sophisticated patent case.
*Deal carried-out prior to joining Simmons & Simmons
Stefania received a Juris Doctor degree at the Catholic University of Milan, a PhD in IP Law at the University of Parma and was admitted to the Italian Bar in 2000. She has been a partner at a specialist IP law firm since 2004 after initially joining the firm in 1996.
She is a member and is deeply involved in the activities of the main IP associations including AIPPI International, AIPPI Italia, INTA and LES.