Victoria is a Supervising Associate in the Dispute Resolution group. She advises individuals, public and private entities on a range of complex, multi-jurisdictional, commercial disputes. She has worked in our firm’s offices in London, Abu Dhabi and Bristol and has also spent eight months on secondment to the legal services office of a top UK university.
Victoria is actively involved in pro-bono matters, specialising in providing advice on the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. Her pro bono projects have led her to Colombia, where she investigated the challenges facing human rights defenders in the context of defending community land rights.
- Recent Work
- defending two former directors of a large corporate in a claim for unlawful means conspiracy, negligence, breach of directors’ duties and breach of contract in respect of the defendants’ management of two defined benefit pension schemes (selected as one of The Lawyer’s Top 20 cases of 2018)
- defending a large global banking institution in injunctive proceedings and subsequent damages litigation concerning competition law claims arising out of the bank’s attempts to close UK accounts of a number of international money remitter clients (and defending a number of subsequent claims arising out of the same issues)
- advising six multinational corporate claimants in a large commercial dispute arising out of the conduct of an LNG terminal operator
- defending a top educational institution in a procurement challenge by an unsuccessful tenderer
- acting for a state owned oil and gas transportation company in an ICC arbitration regarding a multi-million dollar dispute over the construction of an oil pipeline and advising in relation to subsequent enforcement proceedings
- acting for a leading professional services firm in relation to a debt claim and an associated professional negligence action.
Victoria has a degree in Law with European Study from the University of Exeter, as part of which she spent studying at l’Université Robert Schuman in Strasbourg, France. After graduating, she worked in the Intellectual Property team of another international law firm, where she specialised in trade mark law.
Victoria joined Simmons & Simmons in 2012 after having completed the LPC at BBP Law School in London and an MBA in Legal Services.