Many of our lawyers and our practices have strong business relationships with US based clients which enables us to assist our US clients when they require legal advice in jurisdictions outside the United States.
Alliance with Seward & Kissel LLP
We have an alliance with leading US firm Seward & Kissel LLP for hedge fund and asset management work. The alliance combines the strength of preeminent hedge fund and asset management practices in London, New York and Hong Kong to offer a top tier combined service for hedge funds and their managers around the world. Clients have immediate access to full service hedge fund and asset management expertise: from fund formation and management, to all advisory services such as regulation, derivatives, corporate structures, tax, litigation, employment, IP, finance, government investigations and transactional services.
Simmons & Simmons’ work for US based clients
With an extensive network of international offices across Europe, the Middle East and Asia we are able to provide our clients with the right balance of local knowledge and seamless global service.
We focus on the following key industry sectors:
- Asset Management & Investment Funds
- Financial Institutions
- Life Sciences
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT).
We provide a full service in all areas, including:
- dispute resolution
- energy & infrastructure
- financial markets
- information, communications and technology
- intellectual property
- real estate
- US securities.
- Leading US corporate
- in all matters of labour law, both contentious and non contentious, as its pan-European preferred employment law provider.
- Bank of America
- as nominated advisor to Harrah's Entertainment on their £312m acquisition of London Clubs International.
- as indenture trustee in connection with the restructuring of €4.5bn bonds issued by United Pan-European Communications, and advising Citibank as lead bank on the insolvency of KPNQwest, a major pan-European telecoms company.
- one of the world's most popular video compression formats, in its pan-European border detention and anti-counterfeiting programme, preventing unlicensed products from entering the European market.
- Kraft Foods
- on winning a high profile victory in the European Patent Office to ensure freedom to sell certain coffee dispensing units as well as coordinating parallel pan-European patent litigation.
- Procter & Gamble
- on setting up and negotiating clinical trial agreements for a large multicentre clinical study involving over 100 centres in 13 European countries.
- the world leader in flash memory data storage products, on a variety of issues including copyright levies and patent litigation.
- Warner Brothers International Cinemas
- a subsidiary of Time Warner Inc., on their 51:49 joint venture to run cinema centres in major Chinese cities, for a total contribution of RMB 105.4m (approximately US$12.72m) with Shenzhen International Trust & Investment Co.