In Germany we are based in the centres of Düsseldorf, Frankfurt and Munich. Our lawyers are recognised experts in providing legal advice and helping our clients to achieve their objectives.
Our client base includes major national and international corporates, leading financial institutions, multinational banks and government institutions. By focusing on key sectors we have a very deep knowledge and tailor our services to best anticipate our clients´ needs.
Our German team advises clients on all aspects of domestic and international legal matters, with particular expertise in relation to banking, capital markets, corporate, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, structured finance, structured securities, real estate, dispute resolution, employment, tax, and intellectual property. Our experience covers the full range of major complex cross border transactions, from making and financing takeover bids to share offerings and fundraising using our fully integrated teams working throughout our offices in Europe, Middle East and Asia.
Our lawyers in Germany advise clients on all aspects of domestic and international legal matters. Examples include:
Allianz Global Investors
- merger of the asset management subsidiary of Allianz SE into Allianz Global Investors Europe GmbH.
- diverse international patent infringement cases concerning monoclonal antibodies and medical devices.
- tax advice in relation to the issue of Schuldschein loans Chenavari Investment Managers setting up a Luxembourg trading platform.
Chenavari Investment Managers
- setting up a Luxembourg trading platform.
Deutsche Wohnen AG
- acquisition of a portfolio of nursing homes, including the operating company.
- setting up and running the international whistleblowing hotline.
- comprehensive restructuring of Ferrostaal GmbH into a management holding company.
GIC Si (Government of Singapore Investment Corporation)
- sale of Springer Science + Business Media to BC Partners.
Henderson Global Investors
- formation of TIAA Henderson Real Estate, a US$22.6 billion (£13.6 billion) joint venture with TIAA-CREF.
International telecommunication company
- complex projects in the field of telecommunication, cloud computing & hosting as well as machine to machine (M2M).
- acquisition of several wind farms in Germany.
Leading rating agency
- data protection matters inter alia amendment and introduction of policies.
M7 Real Estate
- advising funds and joint ventures established by M7 Real Estate with respect to the purchase and sale of various light industrial and retail real estate portfolios and their financing and refinancing by way of syndicated and bilateral loans and CMBS structures, also asset management advice.
- acquisition and financing of the Karstadt building Berlin Hermannplatz.
Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Europe
- employment law reorganisation due to a Part VII portfolio transfer.
- setting up a financing vehicle for ongoing for financing the construction of wind farms by Nordex SE in France.
- introduction of a new remuneration system for the legal successor of WestLB.
- corporate financing of Mediobanca in the three-digit million euro range.
- acquisition of a production plant from Pfizer and cooperation agreement.
- copyright fees, patent proceedings and trade mark matters in relation to flash memory products.
SEB AG und Helaba
- financing the acquisition of the Neumarktgalerie shopping centre in Cologne.
- special audit on behalf of public utility Stadtwerke Krefeld on account of suspected criminal and civil offences.
Thomas Cook Nederland
- disposal of one hundred Dutch travel agencies to RTK.
US IT company
- acquisition of a German-Austrian IT sales company.
- corporate, employment and real estate law matters, reorganisations as well as acquisitions and international sales and distribution.