The Dutch office of Simmons & Simmons comprises lawyers, civil law notaries and tax advisers. First established in the Netherlands in 1888, we have since developed a strong Dutch and international client base.
We work together with our international network of offices across Europe, the Middle East and Asia and advise on all legal aspects of domestic and international business transactions with particular focus on Financial Markets, Corporate and Dispute Resolution.
We specialise in the legal needs of the industry sectors on which we focus including Asset Management & Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT).
- Advising Argos Group on forming a strategic alliance with EQT Infastructure Fund
- Advising CRH on the acquisition of the Wijck's and Van Buren builders merchant groups
- Advising Equinix Inc. on the (re)development of its data centres in The Netherlands
- Advising Gilde Equity Management Benelux on the sale of Salad Signature N.V. to AAC Capital Partners.
- Advising as lead counsel in a joint transaction for a credit facility financing 11 greenhouse gas reductions projects in three countries
- Advising Intertrust Group and its management on the sale of the company to Blackstone LP
- Representing Samsung in several high profile cases regarding alleged infringement on design and copyrights by the Samsung's Galaxy mobile phones and tablet PCs
- Advising Chinese state-owned enterprise Sinochem Group on the €210 million acquisition of a 50% equity interest in Netherlands based DSM Anti-Infectives, forming a 50/50 global anti-infectives joint venture with Dutch life sciences and materials sciences company Royal DSM
- Notarial Services
Simmons & Simmons’ team of civil-law notary practitioners in the Netherlands covers the full range of corporate and finance transactions, including real estate transactions. Our civil law notaries advise, facilitate, draw up and execute deeds and other documents in large and complex transactions, often with crossborder dimensions. They join our specialists for corporate, mergers & acquisitions, restructuring, banking, asset finance, asset management & investment funds on a regular basis.
Our clients include national and international corporations, private equity houses, hedge funds, banks, insurance companies and other financial institutions, (real estate) investors, governments, government related institutions and high networth individuals.
Please contact Oscar Hoefnagels for more information.