Simmons & Simmons has been operating in the Middle East for over 30 years.
Our Middle East practice comprises lawyers from our two offices in the region – Dubai and Doha. In 2012 we established a presence in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia through our alliance with Hammad & Al-Mehdar law firm and in 2014, again through our alliance with Hammad & Al-Mehdar law firm, we opened an office in Riyadh. This alliance brings our clients immediate access to one of the largest and most respected firms in Saudi Arabia. We provide a comprehensive and integrated service that covers our clients’ requirements throughout the Middle East and North Africa, wherever their business takes them. Our specialist lawyers based in the Middle East provide advice in Arabic, English and French. We are also able to utilise the experts across our integrated global network, meaning we offer our clients a true ‘one stop shop’ for their international and local legal advice. Clients are at the centre of all we do and our focus on delivering value and quality means our clients benefit from an award winning service.
With support from our other offices as needed, we are able to respond quickly to client needs with commercially driven, market leading legal advice. Examples of the external recognition we have received for our work includes:
- Corporate Law, Law Firm of the Year - Middle East – The 2018 Lawyers World Global Awards
- Investment Funds Law Firm of the Year in Qatar – The Worldwide Financial Advisor Awards Magazine Continental Awards 2018
- Regional Law Firm of the Year in Qatar – 2018 Corporate Intl Magazine Global Award
- TMT Team of the Year Award – Middle East Legal Awards 2018 and 2017
- TMT Team of the Year – the Oath Middle East Legal Awards 2017
- FinTech Law Award – Islamic Finance News Law Awards 2017
- Banking and Finance Team of the Year – Qatar Business Law Forum and Awards 2017 and 2016
- Law Firm of the Year – Global Investor Middle East Awards 2017, 2015, 2013 and 2012
- Honourable mentions in the UAE for Alternative Investment Funds; Islamic Finance and Telecommunications, Media & Technology – Asian-MENA Counsel In-House Community Awards 2017
- Best Law Firm for Mergers & Acquisition (Hammad & Al-Mehdar) – Islamic Finance News 2017
- Project Finance Deal of the Year – IFLR Middle East Awards 2016
- Asset Management & Funds Law Firm of the Year – Islamic Finance News Law Awards 2016