Our reputation for "excellent industry knowledge" (Chambers 2010) means that our clients bring us their toughest environmental, health and safety, and climate change challenges.
Our clients demand a commercial approach; lawyers with excellent legal skills, an appreciation of technical aspects within the dynamic regulatory and political context.
We support our clients with the full range of regulatory, transactional, project and contentious legal advice.
Our clients benefit from:
- access to a multidisciplinary environment, health and safety and climate change team, bringing in experience from across the firm and providing creative, all encompassing solutions
- experts dedicated to finding practical, innovative solutions to the complex challenges our clients face
- experience advising a broad range of clients, from the largest global corporations, financiers and government agencies to early stage cleantech innovators.
Simmons & Simmons has a leading international environment and climate change team.
We know that legal issues relating to the environment, health and safety and climate change, generate front page news on an almost daily basis and give rise to more legislation, guidance and case law than any other discipline. Recent major incidents demonstrate that sustainability must be treated as a strategic issue and it can be central to brand and underpin value.
Clients in all our key sectors have to plan for, and react to, a huge range of regulation and complex commercial challenges.
Planning law and policy is similarly dynamic. More than ever this creates risks (real and perceived) that need to be managed, but there is also potential for great opportunities.
Our dedicated environment and climate change team at Simmons & Simmons brings clients specialist expertise in:
- air quality
- brownfield regeneration
- green buildings
- environmental insurance
- land use planning and conservation
- waste management, treatment, disposal and recycling
- water pollution
- contaminated land
- health and safety.
By thoroughly understanding the environmental and climate change issues facing our clients, we can develop tailor-made strategies and commercial responses.
Our teams are truly integrated - each situation is unique and we bring together specialists from multiple disciplines.
In addition, our lawyers are located across key geographies worldwide including Europe, the Middle East and Asia, enabling the team to provide all encompassing solutions.