Climate Change Transactions
We recognise the importance of understanding the challenges our clients face, each situation is unique and we bring together specialists from multiple disciplines across all regions to tailor our services to best suit their needs.
Our team appreciates that climate change transactions are increasingly important, and that carbon issues:
- have become a key due diligence matter, involving analysing energy budgets through to ensuring compliance with the EU ETS
- now represent a significant factor to clients’ bottom line
- have significant reputational and CSR consequences.
Consequently we stay ahead of the trends, ensuring all relevant carbon issues are fully addressed in all our clients’ transactions.
Our team of specialist lawyers bring their world class expertise to this area, and have recently advised:
- Greenko, Solar Integrated Technologies and Agcert on their successful UK IPO’s
- Oxara Energy Group in relation to the purchase of biogas plants in France
- Climate Exchange plc on a major joint venture collaboration with a global finance institution
- the Japanese consortium, TAKUMA-ITOCHU, the successful bidder to Lakeside Energy from Waste Limited, on its £110m Energy from Waste plant project
- the East London Waste Authority on the sale of its interest in the operating company of a landfill gas site, Aveley Methane Limited.