Major international clients trust us on their climate change financial needs, due to our strong relationships with global corporations and the world’s largest financial institutions.
Our lawyers have contributed to the ISDA Emission Trading Working Group which drafts industry standard documentation for emissions trading. The team’s reputation for excellence led to us being named ‘Best Legal Adviser’ by the Public Private Finance Awards 2009.
Clients benefit from our expertise in:
- carbon, cleantech and renewable energy fund formation
- tax and accounting treatment of carbon assets, liabilities and alternative group structure
- documentation of investments in environmental instruments
- advising on tax and accounting treatment of carbon assets and liabilities
- assessing alternative energy and climate projects for investment purposes including assisting in flotations
- venture capital and private equity investment in cleantech and carbon assets.
The team’s wide-ranging experience includes advising:
- Deutsche Bank AG on the financing of several plants for the production of electric and thermal energy from renewable sources in Italy
- a number of market participants in relation to the OTC market for emission trading
- an investor on a secured, convertible loan facility to a sustainable forestry management company with a view to generating and selling the resulting carbon credits.