The Simmons & Simmons corporate trust team has acted for many years for corporate trustees, in all business cycles, on a wide variety of transactions, defaults and disputes.
We act and have acted for leading members of the corporate trustee community on matters such as:
- corporate bonds, including straight one off corporates, issues under MTN programmes and convertibles, with issuers in many jurisdictions (eg UK, India, Philippines, Eastern Europe)
- MTN programmes for SPVs – trusteeships on numerous repackaging programmes
- securitisations – e.g. UK mortgage backed, “data trustee” under German securitisations, representations of noteholders under Italian and Portuguese securitisations
- covered bonds
- commodity linked securities
- security trusteeships
- tender/exchange offers
- analyses of large numbers of transactions for triggers in the light of ratings downgrades
- acceleration of bonds, enforcement of security, etc
- disputes and court hearings over the effectiveness of subordination and inter class issues and over the meaning of provisions of securities
- disputes and court hearings with issuers
- disputes and court hearings with Bondholders/informal committees
- consensual refinancings
- schemes of arrangement and similar arrangements in other jurisdictions.
- advice on defaults in the UK, the Netherlands, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Bulgaria, Jersey and other jurisdictions
- physical and synthetic ETFs structured as secured debt
- CLOs with reference obligations being pools of loans in the eurozone
- UK mortgage securitisations.