Our team of lawyers brings together specialists in shipping and customs and trade who are able to advise in all sectors of the shipping industry. We provide legal services to shipowners, charterers, insurers, freight forwarders, ship agents and brokers, container operators, banks, governments, international corporations and financiers.
We are able to handle all types of shipping matters, ranging from the largest international commercial disputes and ship finance projects to the most routine freight and debt collections. Furthermore, our team has been involved in arbitrations under the rules of many leading trade associations, such as ICC, LMAA, HKIAC, CIETAC, CMAC, GAFTA and the Refined Sugar Association (RFA).
We offer a full range of contentious and non-contentious services including:
- ship management agreements
- cargo claims, including cargo damage , misdelivery and shortlanding
- international sales contracts, including CIF, C&F, FOB and warehouse-to-warehouse
- oil trading and (in co-operation with our environmental law specialists) oil pollution
- CMR and road transport
- EU transport law as it affects the shipping and transport industries, with particular reference to liner conferences and consortia
- marine insurance
- personal injury
- container leasing
- the co-ordination of international action for the preservation or recovery of assets, including proceedings in rem
- ship sale, purchase and leasing
- innovative financing structures and securitisation
- recovery of assets for banks and financial institutions
- advice on alternative dispute resolution (ADR), including mediation and conciliation, as alternatives to litigation or arbitration
- disputes under bills of lading, charterparties and contracts of affreightment.